Click here to download the Stop Watch Widget in zip archive format.
If you're in Safari, it will probably just install itself. If you're not, and you wind up with a zip file, just double-click on the archive to decompress it, and double-click on the Widget to install it in DashBoard.
To keep it floating above other windows so you can keep your eye on it, perform the following steps after installing Stopwatch:
- Run /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.
- In a Terminal window, enter "defaults write com.apple.dashboard devmode YES"
- Enter "killall Dock"
- Exit Terminal
- Bring up DashBoard (F12 usually works) and get Stopwatch on the screen. You may have to select it from the Manage Widgets bar.
- Start to drag the Stopwatch across the screen.
- Exit DashBoard (F12 again)
- Voila! You should have a floating stopwatch. To get rid of it, simply hold down the Option key while hovering over it with the mouse and click on the close box.